Ready to fix your voice?
There’s a tightening in your voice.
You sound croaky.
It’s out of control…
Or your voice cracks…
it’s just so tired and unpredictable.
If you have been trying to get on top of your vocal health and have reached the limit, then pay close attention.
There’s A Reason Why your voice is not working for you.
Your Vocal Health needs to improve.
Ever want the entire road map to improving your voice and restoring its function?
Perhaps it’s time to start with a voice coach/ voice therapist!
Here to Help.
In opera, the expectation is that you step on stage and complete a perfect vocal performance in spite of nerves, so I’ve done a lot of heavy lifting and skill there. Not to mention the practice. I sing daily and have done so for 30 years. That’s hours of vocal skill and technique.
Then speech pathology gives me the tools to analyse how sound waves work all the while understanding how to structure voice goals for my clients so that the tone improves using evidence-based methods.
After working as a voice coach and voice therapist with 100’s of clients from all over the world, Voice Science, my clinic, has reached a point where I’m only personally available to help X number of people a week.
But I know there are so many people needing support in this area. And it’s so hard to find a good solution that works.
Daily I met people who have almost given up on any form of vocal health after trying different coaches, therapists promising recovery.
So if you’ve reached the limit and are about to give up. Please don’t! Our tools and approach are unique and grounded on personal skill and scientific research.
Over 8 years, I have developed a tested and systematic method to audit your vocal health and speaking and in so doing pinpoint the exact bottleneck you are facing when it comes to your vocal health.
And I want to share that with you.
No matter where you are.
So that you know where you stand and have a gameplan to restore your voice and finally get it working.
There are 7 basic bottlenecks that can hold you back from clear and confident communication. You need to learn what your #1 bottleneck is before you can fix it.
Solving this problem for clients from all over the world is what my team do all day, every day…
From vocal fry to roughness, strain and fatigue or total voice loss, we meet you at the voice tone and vocal health barrier you're facing and help you to smash it!
By the end of this audit, you will understand exactly what is going wrong vocally and have a clear plan to restore vocal health. Our team of speech pathologists and voice coaches at Voice Science are passionate about making vocal health knowledge accessible because everyone has a right to a healthy voice tone.
What is Included?
- A tailored and comprehensive audit into every aspect of your vocal tone and mechanical function so you know precisely what you need to enhance and work on to improve your vocal health.
- Assessment of your voice tone to ensure that you are not sabotaging a good message with a poor sound or worse still, creating irreversible damage to your voice muscles.
- Medical assessment of vocal hygiene, ergonomics, posture, breath coordination and stamina. This audit includes a reflux index rating (to ascertain risk factors for reflux) and a voice sensitivity rating (to learn what pain, irritation or discomfort you perceive vocally).
- Investigation of your speaking projection capacity and risk factors for strain and damage.
- Perceptual and acoustic assessment of your vocal resonance & quality so we can identify whether you position your voice tone correctly.
- Speech flow assessment. We will determine whether your speech is too fast or too slow and compare it to research-based findings on the best speech rhythm for optimal voice tone and vocal production.
- Complete your audit online so that you can fit it into your busy schedule and time zone no matter where you live. Submit your recordings within 48 hours ready for your session with Sarah.
- Communication activity inventory: What types of communication activities do you need for your job/ small business/ interests? Do you need strategies to grade tasks in order to prevent vocal fatigue so you show up with the best possible voice tone consistently?
- Video-based assessment online in a conversational format led by Sarah, who is a professional opera singer, voice therapist, so that you speak as you normally would, in order for us to get a true picture of your voice while speaking under pressure and naturally.
- Access to the Vocal Health Digital BluePrint so that you can have a guide to the key features of clear and healthy voice – Valued at $110
- A 30-minute Strategy Feedback Session with one of our team members so you can learn exactly what your communication needs and get your questions answered – Valued at $220.
Our Guarantee to You
Voice Science sessions are engaging, stimulating and a first-class experience for your communication. Since extensive planning and detail go into tailoring sessions for you, we do not extend any refunds on any of our services. We provide a top-tier service, if you are dissatisfied with anything we’ll work to make it right because we are committed to advocating for your communication comfort.
PURCHASE YOUR VOICE TONE TEST
CHECK YOUR EMAIL
LOGIN TO CADENZA™
SUBMIT YOUR AUDIT
SCHEDULE YOUR SESSION
RECEIVE YOUR BLUEPRINT
CHOOSE YOUR PROGRAM
How Many Sessions Will I Need?
When your audit is completed you can proceed directly into your chosen voice therapy and optimisation program with our team.
Vocal Optimisation is a detailed process, especially since Voice Skill relies on a large tool stack.
It takes time to learn how to use your voice effectively and restore the voice muscle agility, coordination and stamina needed for increased vocal consistency. This is why our team will train you with a research approach based on behavioural therapy, motor learning and therapy principles that don’t generally fit a single session approach.
Muscle Memory matters.
In the early stages of training at Voice Science we apply scientific methods to strengthen learning. We show you how to understand, evaluate and enhance your vocal health.
If you’ve got questions about our programs, get in touch.
Effective voice training should not be based on someone telling you what they think or feel. We have enough Speech Science Research out there to be more accountable than that.VOICE SCIENCE™ Enrol Now
1. Who are voice therapy sessions best for?
- Voice Fatigue
- Voice Projection and Volume
- A husky, rough or breathy voice quality
- Vocal fry
- Constant vocal irritation, the need to throat clear or cough
- Voice Quality, voice projection difficulties
- Voice loss or a change in your speaking voice range
- Unusual nasal qualities in your voice tone
- Chronic laryngitis or pharyngitis
- Professional voice users facing a heavy vocal load
- Anyone who wants to improve their voice health with or without a voice diagnosis.
2. Do I need to have a medical voice diagnosis to do the Voice Tone Test?
If you're core concern is about your voice function, comfort and health this Vocal Health Audit is the best Audit for you.
If you're wanting to work on the cosmetic sound of your voice for presenting and workplace communication, we recommend you check out our High-Performance Communication Audit, as it is better suited for you.
3. What Voice Conditions do you Treat?
- Poor voice projection, low volume
- Voice quality concerns: vocal roughness, hoarseness etc.
- Voice fatigue and voice loss
- Vocal fold paralysis
- Vocal cyst
- Vocal fold oedema
- Vocal Nodules
- Chronic cough
- Spasmodic Dysphonia
- Muscle tension dysphonia
- Post vocal surgery rehabilitation
- Intubation injuries
- Post Covid-19 Voice care
- Neurological voice disorders
4. Who will assist me in the Voice Therapy / Voice Coaching Sessions after I complete my Vocal Health Audit?
Across the course of your program, you may have some specific sessions allocated by Sarah to another team member, however, your overall course structure will be mapped out by Sarah from your initial consultation.
Program sessions will then be delivered by our team of speech pathologists with extensive experience in voice therapy, voice coaching and communication strategy.
5. If I sign up for a Voice Therapy / Voice Coaching program at Voice Science, how long will it take for me to notice changes and progress in my communication?
1) Your mindset
2) Practice. One of the key predictors of speech change is how effectively and frequently you practice and appraise your communication and voice goals. At Voice Science, we will support you in developing a clear understanding of how to practice. This is one of our key interests for any client who commences training at Voice Science, especially since research evidence supports the impact of regular, drill-based practise on speech and language change outcomes. We will create individual practice goals with you that are strategic.
3) Your voice muscle condition. Depending on the state of your voice muscle when we first conduct your audit, sessions may range between 5 - 15 sessions.
6. Do I need a referral from my General Practitioner to receive these sessions?
7. Can I receive private health care rebates for these sessions?
The Vocal Health Audit will identify whether you have a clinical voice condition that would allow us to include the Private health codes on your invoicing.
Our clinicians are registered Australian service providers for Private Health Insurers so we can bill item numbers accordingly if you have private health cover that includes Speech Pathology services. Click this link to learn about REBATES
We recommend you check directly with your private health fund to determine whether you have cover for speech pathology and are based in Australia. You will not be able to receive private health cover if you don't live in Australia but are very welcome to do one of our programs.
8. Can I receive a Medicare rebate for my Voice Therapy Sessions?
For speech pathology services to be rebatable with private health insurers or medicare, they must be billed according to medical/ chronic speech pathology conditions under specific legal codes. These codes are given under clinical authority and as medical professionals, we must apply codes only in light of a clinical diagnosis. It is up to the clinician's judgement whether these codes can be applied. Please click this link to learn about 👇🏻 REBATES.
9. I really want to use Voice Science for my Voice but I don’t live in Melbourne. What can I do?
10. I am worried about how to incorporate daily voice practice so that I can achieve my vocal health goals. How will I know how to practice?
11. Do you provide group communication training sessions at Voice Science?
For your voice to adjust it is important that you receive training that pivots around your voice diagnosis and needs. This is the reason why we do not offer group-based communication training as every person will have different vocal concerns.
By focusing on individual 1-1 sessions we ensure our training is client-centred, evidence-based and success driven.
*We do deliver workshops for companies under our corporate services. Contact us for more info if you are seeking training for a group of employees.
12. When are Voice Therapy / Voice Coaching sessions available at Voice Science?
13. How do online sessions work?
14. How Many Sessions Do I Need?
- Voice clarity
- Voice Flow
- Respiration, Phonatory Efficiency and Resonance
- Vocal Hygiene
- Voice ergonomics, usage requirements and projection needs
- and so much more!
This information is then used to forecast the number of sessions required to address your communication needs.
We can not provide a fixed number of sessions you'll need without undertaking the audit. Once you complete your audit, the clinicians will identify a recommendation. You are, of course, welcome to choose the number of sessions that meets your budget/ schedule/ wishes. Clients are usually recommended a variety of options from individual sessions to treatment programs of 5 or more sessions.
We usually recommend between 5 -15 sessions for best outcomes.
15. Are Practice Resources Included?
Access relates to the number of sessions you take.
For five sessions, you'll receive a bonus 5 weeks access, for ten sessions, you'll receive a bonus 10 weeks access and our fifteen session program clients will obtain 6 months access as a bonus.
Once your access expires you can easily move onto our monthly subscription program for $39 per month to stay connected to the suite.