Then there’s the words. All those words you go around. Avoiding words, replacing words, bypass the slushy one. That’s hard work. And effortful. Almost like your screening your speech.
How can you stop your pronunciation glitches getting in the way?
You just want to speak naturally and comfortably. Is it possible to open your mouth and let the message flow without all this effort managing a lisp?
Ever want a road map to speech clarity?
Hello!We're the Voice Science Team
Your Title Goes Here
Our sessions are committed to giving relevant and affirming strategies to adults. We don’t work with kids so there’ll be no flashbacks of school speech sessions.
Each of us love getting down with sound waves and the science of speech. We are driven to structure pronunciation clarity goals to correct your sound issues and train you in the art of practice so you can get your speech strategies finally sticking for good.
After training pronunciation with 1000’s of clients from all over the world, Voice Science, we’ve reached the point where we want to make our services accessible to people all over the world, so no matter where you are, you can get started right now.
Over 8 years we’ve developed a tested and systematic method to audit your pronunciation and in so doing pinpoint the exact bottleneck you’re facing in your speaking.
Previously, the only way to get feedback on your speaking pronunciation was by coming to our clinic in Melbourne, which tends to book out. But now you can do it right where you are. Yes, right there, in the comfort of your own home or even office wherever you are, anywhere in the world!
We hope you take the opportunity.
No matter where you are.
So that you know where you stand and have a strategy guide to progress your speech clarity and kick that lisp to the curb!
Here's how it works
There are many different mouth movement errors that can make your speech slushy & unclear. You need to learn where your speech is bottlenecking before you can fix it. Solving this problem for our clients all over the world is what our team do daily!
What is included?
- A tailored and comprehensive audit into every single sound of English so you know precisely which sounds you need to work on.
- Investigation of your speaking fluency features so you can learn how well your English speaking flows and what you need to incorporate to sound more natural and effortless once sounds are corrected.
- Complete your audit online so that you can fit it into your busy schedule and time zone no matter where you live. Submit your recordings within 48 hours ready for your strategy feedback session with one of our communication scientists.
- Video-based assessment online in a conversational format so that you speak as you normally would, in order for us to get a true picture of your pronunciation clarity needs.
- Access to the Pronunciation Success Digital BluePrint so that you can have a guide to the key features of clear and confident English Communication – Valued at $110.
- A 30-minute Speech Clarity Feedback Session with one of our clinicians so you can learn exactly what your speaking needs and get your questions answered – Valued at $220.
Our Guarantee to You
Voice Science sessions are engaging, stimulating and a first-class experience for your communication. Since extensive planning and detail go into tailoring sessions for you, we do not extend any refunds on any of our services. We provide a top-tier service, if you are dissatisfied with anything we’ll work to make it right because we are committed to advocating for your communication comfort.
When your audit is completed you can proceed directly into your Lisp therapy sessions.
Lisp correction is a detailed process. It takes time to build up the muscle memory to ensure sounds are produced in the correct position. We train you with a research approach based on motor learning and therapy principles that does not fit a single session approach.
Muscle Memory matters.
In the early stages of training at Voice Science we apply scientific methods to strenthen learning. We show you how to to practise & produce accurate sounds.
If you’ve got questions about our programs, get in touch.
1. Who will assist me in my lisp correction & speech clarity training?
2. I really want to use Voice Science for my lisp correction sessions but I don’t live in Melbourne or Australia. What can I do?
We know that it can be hard to find real specialists everywhere. This program has been developed so you can access the world’s best training for lisp correction right where you are.
Our team work with clients all over the globe to fine-tune their speech. We’ll tailor your sessions to meet your clarity needs. Read more about how online training works here.
3. I'm worried about how to incorporate daily speech practice so that I can achieve my communication goals. How will I know how to practice?
1. How to clarify your speech via mechanical muscle movement and speech training drills
2. How to integrate speaking practice to emphasise your speech clarity correction in daily speaking.
Our team have a practical and functional approach to showing you practice methods.
While it can take some time to develop motivation and routine with practice, we are here to support you with accountability & feedback that will hopefully encourage you to do the hard work!
4. How Many Sessions Do I Need?
Our speech pathologists will record and analyse your sound errors phonetically and determine the degree of variance between your current speech patterns and your overall goal. This information is then used to forecast the number of sessions required to address your communication needs.
In your follow up strategy session with one of our team, you’ll receive a recommendation for the fitting number of sessions suited to your speech clarity.
We usually recommend up to 10 sessions as the optimal fit to give you sufficient time and feedback to work independently on your clarity.
5. How do online sessions work?
6. Are Practice Resources Included?
Access is graded for the duration of your program
5 sessions – 5 weeks access
10 sessions – 10 weeks access.
Once your access expires you can easily move onto our monthly subscription program for $39 per month to stay connected to the suite.
7. Do You Offer Payment Plans?
8. If I sign up for an online Speech Clarification program at Voice Science, how long will it take for me to notice changes and progress in my communication?
1) The degree of distance your current speech is from your clear speech target.
2) Practice. One of the key predictors of speech change is how effectively and frequently you practice your speech goals and manouvers. Our team are here to show you how to practice and you’ll learn a lot about how to transfer your new speech clarity skills more successfully to everyday speaking.
9. How Much Do The Programs Cost Once I've Completed My Audit?
10. Do You Have A Refund Policy?
11. Can I claim sessions with my Private Health Fund or Medicare?
Medicare Rebates are available for these sessions at Voice Science™ under a CDM plan if you’re based in Australia. You may be eligible for up to 5 allied health sessions per year with a rebate of $53.95 per session.
*It is your responsibility to obtain a CDM prior to your sessions at Voice Science. Get in touch with your GP if you need to see if you can qualify for a CDM plan.