Ready to speak clearly & strongly?
There’s this feeling where you are speaking in a meeting.
Your speech accelerates.
It’s out of control…
or your voice cracks…
the words don’t come to mind.
If you know you should be more persuasive or assertive, if you fail to make, your message sound logical when under pressure, if speaking clearly with your peers and customers in a professional environment is a real challenge, if using the right tone of voice to get your message across feels difficult or even if you want to be able to engage in conversations more confidently and effectively then pay close attention, because There’s A Reason Why.
There’s an art and science to High-Performance Communication.
Ever want the entire road map to communication success?
Here to Help.
In opera, the expectation is that you step on stage and complete a perfect vocal performance in spite of nerves, so I’ve done a lot of heavy lifting there.
Then speech pathology gives me the tools to analyse how communication works all the while understanding how to structure speaking goals for my clients so that they stick and can finally communicate with confidence and comfort.
After training high-performance communication with 100’s of clients from all over the world, Voice Science, my clinic, has reached a point where I am only personally available to help X number of people a week.
But I know there are so many people needing support in this area.
I see that daily.
Over 6 years, I have developed a tested and systematic method to audit your voice, speaking and communication and in so doing pinpoint the exact bottleneck you are facing in your speaking.
And I want to share that with you.
No matter where you are.
So that you know where you stand and have a gameplan to excel when you are communicating.
There are 6 basic bottlenecks that can hold you back from clear and confident communication. You need to learn what your #1 bottleneck is before you can fix it.
Solving this problem for clients from all over the world is what my team do all day, every day…
From the boardroom, to the podium, over the phone, or behind the lens- we meet you at the communication barrier you're facing and help you to smash it!
What is Included?
Our Guarantee to You
Voice Science sessions are engaging, stimulating and a first-class experience for your communication. Since extensive planning and detail go into tailoring sessions for you, we do not extend any refunds on any of our services. We provide a top-tier service, if you are dissatisfied with anything we’ll work to make it right because we are committed to advocating for your communication comfort.
PURCHASE YOUR AUDIT
CHECK YOUR EMAIL
LOGIN TO CADENZA™
SUBMIT YOUR AUDIT
SCHEDULE YOUR SESSION
RECEIVE YOUR BLUEPRINT
CHOOSE YOUR PROGRAM
How Many Sessions Will I Need?
When your audit is completed you can proceed directly into your chosen elocution strategy program with our team.
Elocution and Communication growth is a detailed process, especially since High-Performance Communication relies on a large tool stack.
It takes time to learn how to use your voice effectively, leverage your message and word choice and amp up your interpersonal skills. We train you with a research approach based on behavioural therapy, motor learning and therapy principles that don’t generally fit a single session approach.
Muscle Memory matters.
In the early stages of training at Voice Science we apply scientific methods to strengthen learning. We show you how to understand, evaluate and enhance your communication.
If you’ve got questions about our programs, get in touch.
Sophie felt that when she spoke, her communication was “getting in the way.” She was finding it particularly difficult to present her opinion assertively in team meetings.
Although her boss was super supportive, she perceived that clients and even some colleagues didn’t take her seriously enough.
Sophie purchased her High Performance Communication Audit and hasn’t looked back since. Not only did she learn that her content was really logical, so she could feel comfortable about her message preparation, she also got perspective on what she needed to work towards- her voice tone. See, Sophie was inclined to speak with a breathy quality, especially when making assertive statements or advocating for her ideas. From her audit Sophie finally learned that the best approach to correcting her communication was to learn to use her voice more effectively so that she could sound more consistent, assertive and engaging especially when speaking under pressure. This was really reassuring for her because in the past she could never pinpoint what it was that her speaking needed. Sophie then went on to work with our team in tailored sessions and achieved an amazing outcome with increased clarity and confidence. She even spoke successfully in a Bloomberg interview a few months back. If Sophie could get the outcome she dreamed of while working a full time job with massive hours and studying her MBA at the same time, you can too.
Effective communication training should not be based on someone telling you what they think or feel. We have enough Speech Science Research out there to be more accountable than that.VOICE SCIENCE™ Enrol Now
1. Who are elocution sessions best for?
- Message clarity, delivery and tone
- Language and vocabulary extension
- Using a comfortable and appropriate speech rate (but possible diagnosis of stuttering)
- Word finding difficulties and content planning difficulties when speaking or writing
- Voice Quality, voice projection difficulties
- The wish to have some strategies to communicate with increased diplomacy, assertiveness and / or persuasiveness
- A coming presentation or communication activity with high stakes. For example, conference presentations, filming or vlogging content, public speaking engagements, challenging job interviews or job applications, concerns about written expression, pitching your ideas to a team, delivering a speech at an important social or work event
- Difficulties conversing with clients, colleagues, managers, key stakeholders
- Social communication barriers: barriers when networking, making ‘small talk,’ starting conversations, joining group conversations,
- Clarity and comfort concerns when speaking on the telephone
- Concerns about speech and language formality
2. Who will assist me in Elocution & Communication Strategy Sessions
Across the course of your program, you may have some specific sessions allocated by Sarah to another team member, however your overall course structure will be mapped out by Sarah from your initial consultation.
Program sessions will then be delivered by our team of speech pathologists with extensive experience in elocution, voice therapy and communication strategy.
3. What is covered in Elocution & Communication Strategy Sessions?
In our elocution services we partner with you to strategise your commmunication impact.
You can choose to work on a plethora of of different things with us, not limited to…
- Speech Fluency techniques: the catalyst to convincing and fluent speech
- Pronunciation precision training
- Communication in the boardroom
- Making standout social media videos with a charismatic voice tone for your small business
- Delivering better instructions and feedback to your employees?
- Vocal delivery when leading a team
- Conversational techniques geared to the corporate sector for use with clients, colleagues and key stakeholders
- Language and vocabulary extension
- Nailing a sales pitch with powerful words
- Industry sector Communication training, Telephone training
- Public speaking training / Conference presentation preparation
- Leading interesting workshops
- Communication for networking
- Job interview skills
- Social communication strategies for diplomacy, persuasion and assertive delivery
Our team are internationally minded. Clients of all creed, language and culture are welcome. The only people we don’t welcome are those who lack a growth mindset. Without that, we won’t have any triumphs to celebrate. If you think we are the magic fix, you found the wrong place.
4. Do I need a referral from my General Practitioner to receive these sessions
5. Can I receive private health care rebates for these sessions
*If you have a social communication diagnosis like Aspergers or Autism, please refer to our Social Skills for Adults programs.
6. Can I receive Medicare cover for Elocution and Communication Sessions
Medicare rebates are not available for elocution and high-performance communication services. Voice Science is registered as a Medicare provider but you will only be eligible for Medicare rebates if you are referred to us via your General Practitioner under a Chronic Disease Management Plan. Medicare rebates are only eligible if you have been diagnosed with a clinical voice, speech, communication or swallowing disorder that has persisted, or is likely to persist, for at least 6 months. Read more about this program here.
7. Is it possible for my company or employer to cover payment of my High Performance Communication Program?
8. I really want to use Voice Science for my Communication training but I don’t live in Melbourne. What can I do?
9. If I sign up for a Elocution & Communication Program at Voice Science, how long will it take for me to notice changes and progress in my communication?
1) Your mindset
2) Practice. One of the key predictors of speech change is how effectively and frequently you practice and appraise your communication goals. At Voice Science, we will support you in developing a clear understanding of how to practice. This is one of our key interests for any client who commences training at Voice Science, especially since research evidence supports the impact of regular, drill-based practice on speech and language change outcomes. We will create individual practice goals with you that are strategic.
10. I am worried about how to incorporate daily communication practice so that I can achieve my communication goals. How will I know how to practice?
11. Do you provide group communication training sessions at Voice Science?
For communication to adjust it is important that each client receives training that is targeted to their communication needs. This is the reason why we do not offer group-based communication training as every person will have different communication needs.
Your speech pathologist will require you to provide key information to be used throughout your treatment to develop goals that support your communication needs. This might involve the submission of work specific vocabulary, description of typical communication activities that you engage in, the provision of conference papers that you need to present etc. Providing this information will allow us to integrate and simulate real-life communication tasks into your training so that you can address your goals pragmatically. By focusing on individual 1-1 sessions we ensure our training is client-centred, evidence-based and success driven.
*We do deliver workshops for companies under our corporate services. Contact us for more info if you are seeking training for a group of employees.
12. When are Elocution sessions available at Voice Science?
13. How do online sessions work?
14. How Many Sessions Do I Need?
- voice tone
- speech expression
- speech fluency
- speech rate and speed
- language and vocabulary
- social communication and rapport building
- specific communication activities like: networking, pitching, public speaking, appearing in video or podcasts and interviews, media readiness
- pragmatic skills: diplomacy, persuasion, assertiveness, empathy and rapport
- body language and delivery in space
- written skills as required
This information is then used to forecast the number of sessions required to address your communication needs.
We usually recommend between 5 -15 sessions.
15. Are Practice Resources Included?
Silver program clients get 5 weeks bonus access to the suite.
Gold program clients get 10 weeks bonus access to the suite.
Platinum program clients get 15 weeks bonus access to the suite.
Once your access expires you can easily move onto our monthly subscription program for $39 per month to stay connected to the suite.